Tx Details for DeFi Explore Tx Viewer

For the transaction viewer on DeFi Explore (i.e., DeFi Explore…) would it be possible to include some information the components of the boost/repay (e.g., fees (both gas and service (and exchange?)) and Maker and exchange prices)?

This would be useful for anyone that wants to check their own calculation (e.g., from a simulator) against the actual behavior. (I’ve tried reading the underlying transaction on etherscan.io but haven’t been able to figure out the parts.)

1 Like

That’s good feedback and it’s definitely something we have planned, just not sure if we can put an ETA on it right now.:thinking:

In the meantime I would also suggest trying out https://ethtx.info/ instead of Etherscan, as it breaks down the transaction steps into much finer detail, and I personally find it a lot easier to follow through there.

Alternatively, would you perhaps like to pick a few random transactions and I could label things on an Etherscan or EthTx screenshot of their steps, something like that, would that be helpful?

Alternatively, would you perhaps like to pick a few random transactions and I could label things on an Etherscan or EthTx screenshot of their steps, something like that, would that be helpful?

Yes, that would be very helpful.

Here are example auto-boost and auto-repay transactions you could use. (I just picked randomly. I have no affiliation with these transactions.)

Boost:

https://ethtx.info/mainnet/0x21f4fd2893f77f3482302fd79c4f9d4e16629622780611f68a70977f8e5deb49

Repay:

https://ethtx.info/mainnet/0x49da3961ab53df667dba8e036b4e1726c7f515afa13cf3e0ece203d46d00fb09

Values

Here are the values I would like to figure out for each transaction. (Since I plan to use these numbers for validating my model, please quote all numbers with maximum precision, so I can be sure deviations are not simply due to rounding.)

Change in debt:
Change in collateral:

Exchange price:
MakerDao Price (which I understand is used to calculate the Dai gas fee):

Amount taken by the service fee:

Gas Fee in units of Gas, Eth and Dai (Note that I mean the fee taken by the contract to pay for the gas, not the gas cost of the transaction):
Gas price used to calculate the gas fee (in units of Eth/Gas?):

Perfect, let’s cover these two.

If you look at DeFi Explore, you’ll currently only get two bits of info: change in debt and change in collateral.

To get the actual rate of the swap and exact fee amounts, you’d need to dig in deeper, so let’s do that.

Here’s what’s what when looking at Etherscan:

1 - the Boost example

2 - the Repay example

Sorry for switching over to Etherscan, just realized it’s handier for some quick Paint.exe annotation.

Thank you! That was very helpful! Using that as guide, I was able to get my calculations to balance.

Two notes for the sake of anyone later reading this thread and trying to get things to balance:

1. The repay has a flash loan fee of 0.01567139555949737 Eth.
  2. The service fee is not actually 0.003, but 1/333 which is 0.003003 (repeating). Close enough for most purposes, but it introduces a 0.1% error if not accounted for.
1 Like

You’re most welcome, mdmkolbe, super glad if it helped.

The flash loan fee should actually be 0,09% of the flash loaned amount, as that’s the current Aave protocol flash loan fee.

Though we have plans to approach Aave Governance with suggestions of reducing this noticeably, something that would definitely be for the benefit of all our users if it passes.